If you’ve been tempted by any of the Sanderson fabrics, paints, and wallpapers, the next step is to find a local retailer that supplies them. There’s no substitute for seeing – and touching – the fabrics and wallpapers before you buy them. And retailers do much more than just sell these items; they provide all the advice, inspiration, and specialist services that you’ll need to get the job done.
Sanderson products are available through an extensive network of shops right across the UK and Ireland, ranging from small local soft furnishings businesses to large department stores.
Many retailers offer a wide selection of Sanderson fabric and wallpaper collections and will be able to organise cuttings for you to help with the decision making process. The cuttings will also be very useful if you are planning to create a moodboard to help you visualise the scheme.
10 reasons to visit a Sanderson retailer
- You’ll be able to see a variety of different pattern books featuring large samples, and the retailer will be happy to supply you with swatches to try at home.
- Many retailers will be happy to give advice on all aspects of interior decoration, from something as straightforward as covering an armchair or making curtains to furnishing an entire room – or even a whole house.
- Your retailer should be able to give plenty of inspirational ideas and access to specialist ideas and access to specialist services, such as upholstering and the making of soft furnishings.
- Many retailers will offer a design service and charge a small fee , which is refunded if you decide to go ahead with the project. A designer will visit your home, discuss your requirements and supply you with ideas, fabric swatches, paint samples and a quotation.
- Alternatively, you can seek the retailer’s advice at their premises; simply provide a few images of the room you are decorating (in particular any furniture you are upholstering). Pictures that you like from books and magazines will help the consultant to understand the nature of your project and also the look that you would like to achieve.
- Most design consultants have years of experience, making them an invaluable source of information on everything from decorating a room to the technical aspects of an interiors project.
- In addition to Sanderson fabrics and wallpapers, many of the stockists also sell furniture, lighting and accessories that will help you to create a cohesive and well-thought-out scheme.
- In many cases, a designer will be able to help you save money by avoiding costly mistakes. A re-upholstery service will mean that you can refresh a scheme without having to buy new furniture.
- If you encounter any problems during the course of a project, you’ll have help and advice to fall back on.
- Decorating your home is an investment so it is important that you seek the best possible professional advice.